You have no items in your shopping basket.
How to clean your house in under 24 hours
This entry was posted on April 3, 2014.
No matter how hard we work to try to keep our homes clean and tidy, with family and work commitments, it's easy to let things build up and before you know it, you're expecting visitors and need to do a top to bottom clean in a day!
Whether it's your in laws, parents or friends, you want your home to look just perfect but only have a limited amount of time to get things done without just hiding everything in a cupboard. So how can you clean your home effectively within 24 hours? Our 'How to clean your house in under 24 hours' infographic guide has some helpful tips that will help you to achieve a thorough clean without it taking a week.
How to clean your house in under 24 hours infographic
Share this infographic on your site
Handy cleaning methods
If you follow a clear plan when cleaning, it is possible to achieve cleaning your entire house in 24 hours, if not faster. Below are some handy tips to help you plan an effective clean:
- Choose some upbeat music to help motivate you.
- Always start your clean at the top of your home and work your way down.
- Strip all bed sheets, move them straight to the washing basket, and replace with clean.
- Always dust first, working from top to bottom to ensure the dust doesn't settle elsewhere.
- Use micro-fibre cloths for dusting as they remove dust and dirt with ease.
- Only vacuum once you have thoroughly dusted each room.
- For bathrooms, always start by leaving some bleach in the toilet whilst you clean.
- Use all-purpose cleaners as this can save time and money.
- Remove clutter from all surfaces.
- Load your dishwasher
If you follow these simple and handy tips, you will find that cleaning your home becomes far easier. By starting at the top of your home and working your way down, you should avoid the error of running back and forth between rooms and getting nowhere fast.
Having the right equipment
To make your clean easier, it's best to have all the equipment you need from the very beginning. You don't need to spend a fortune on cleaning supplies and there are various, basic helpful products on the market that won't cost the earth. The cleaning industry was worth an estimated £4.7 billion in 2011 and is packed with useful products but they're not always necessary. Micro-fibre cloths are a great all-rounder, from dusting to polishing work surfaces and even glass, they are a great addition to any cleaning equipment collection. All-purpose cleaners are also fantastic as they allow you to use one product for a multitude of cleaning, from bathrooms to kitchens, you can leave your home clean, fresh and shiny!